A gardener need the right tools to keep a garden looking good. However, the temptation to spend money on every gadget available should be avoided. The best value comes from buying a set of garden equipment from manufacturers offering quality construction and lifetime guarantees.
The essential garden tool kit includes:
- Garden Fork. Choose a high quality garden fork as this is the tool that will get the most punishment over the years. Make sure your hand fits well in the handle without rubbing at the sides.
- Garden Spade is second only to the fork in importance. They last a lifetime so choose a good one and it will end up cheaper than buying a series of cheap ones.
- A trowel
- Best quality Secateurs for pruning roses and other shrubs.
- A watering can or garden hose because water is the lifeline of a successful garden.
- A good wheelbarrow or cart
- Shears or hedge trimmer
- Lawn Mower
I also reccomend strimmers which are great for lawn edges and weed clearance.
Because tools really can last a lifetime, consider buying yours at markets. There are bargains to be had out there.
Looking after your tools is important. a particular problem with garden tools is rust so knowing how to stop your tools getting rusty is a valuable piece of knowledge.